Bullying Awareness Week
The staff and students at All Saints have organized a number of activities as we observe Bullying Awareness and Prevention week this week. Students will be encouraged to get involved with the following initiatives:
Monday, November 20th - Pledge to Focus on Bullying Awareness and Kindness
- Peer helpers will be set up at tables at lunch to paint a blue fingernail for anyone interested in showing support for Anti-Bullying initiatives and to remind them for the week to remind them to Stand up to Bullying.
Tuesday, November 21st - Bullying Awareness Blue Ribbon Day
- Peer Helpers will visit Georges Vanier school to share Bullying Awareness lessons with the students in all grades.
- Classes will receive an envelope containing blue paper ribbons. Each student will write on the ribbon something they have done or could do to stop bullying. Ribbons will be posted on classroom doors.
Wednesday, November 22nd - Blue Day & Pledge Day
- Blue is the official
colourof Bullying Awareness so we will encourage all students and staff to wear blue on Wednesday.
- Peer Helpers will hand out tickets to students wearing a lot of blue and these students will be able to cash in their ticket at lunch for a blue cupcake or get a cupcake for a donation.
- All Staff and students are invited to sign our poster as a pledge to end Bullying.
- Everyone who signs the poster will be entered into a draw to win
itunescards or movie passes. Two winners will be awarded in high school and Two in 7/8.
Thursday, November 23rd - Cyber Celebrating Day
- Peer Helpers will be in the atrium at
lunch encouragingstudents to post a positive message on social media with the #stand up to bullying. Students who post a sweet tweet,
* each day there will be an announcement related to bullying awareness as well as a prayer related to Bullying/kindness
Student Immunization information
The Immunization of School Pupils Act requires that students in Ontario be vaccinated against nine diseases, or have a valid exemption. It is the responsibility of parents to report all immunizations to Ottawa Public Health, and every year OPH reviews these records to ensure that the information is up-to-date. The process is designed to prevent infectious disease outbreaks and protect the health of our students.
Please be aware of the following timelines:
over the past 2 weeks parents have received notices informing them of any gaps in the immunization records for their child (ren).
2. January 15, 2018: Suspension notices will be mailed to families who have not yet complied with the requirements under the legislation. At this time, schools will be sent a list of affected students.3. February 7, 2018: Suspensions will be enforced for any remaining students whose records are still not up-to-date. OPH will fax schools a daily list of students who cannot yet return to school.
Minister’s Student Advisory Council
The Ministry is accepting applications for MSAC - the Minister's Student Advisory Council. Each year, 60 students are chosen to serve on the council and to share their ideas with the Minister of Education. We have had several OCSB students chosen for MSAC in past years. This experience has been invaluable to them. Students are encouraged to review the information below and consider this leadership opportunity.
All Saints Ottawa Senators Celebration Game
Join us for our “first annual” All Saints / Ottawa Senators Celebration evening on Saturday, March 24th, 2018 (7:00 pm) when the Ottawa Senators take on the Carolina Hurricanes. Tickets (300 sections) for the game are available at the fantastic price of $38 ($50 face value!) which includes a McDonalds Big Mac Meal! Tickets make a great Christmas Gift, with all proceeds going to our All Saints School Council to fund student co-curricular activities and clubs throughout the year.
To order tickets:
- Go online to www.schoolcashonline.com (you can create an account if you don’t yet have one)
ticketswill be available for purchase beginning on Wednesday, November 8th
- Tickets are available for purchase until December 8th, 2017
- Order the number of tickets you would like
- Pay for the tickets online
- Pick up your tickets at the school from December 18th to 20th from 4:00 to 6:00pm in the All
- Saints atrium (for additional pick up information, please email Michele D’Addona at email@example.com
Please see the following poster for more information
There is a great deal of information on the CSPA website regarding information for parents and upcoming sessions. You can visit the website here.
Check out our blog –
allsaintschs . blogspot . ca and our twitter @AllSaintsCHS (Mr. Kelly’s - @seankellyottawa) as well as our website ash . ocsb . ca for all that is happening at All Saints!
November 24th: PD day